Dr. Raj Kohli is a professor of finance, and chair of finance, economics, and international business, and the director for the Center for Economic Education at the Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics. Dr. Kohli also gained industry experience as a senior electrical engineer in Kuwait.
He is an elected board member of the Midwest Academy of Finance, and he has served as editor of theJournal of Academy of Finance, Review of the Academy of Finance, Midwest Decisions Science Institute,andMidwest Review of Finance and Insurance, and president of the Midwest Academy of Finance and Insurance.
Dr. Kohli’s research has been published in theArchive for Business Research-Volume 4, Journal of Business and Economics, Journal of Finance Issues, Insurance Markets and Companies: Analyses and Actuarial Computations,andJournalof the Academy of Finance.
His teaching interests include:
- Corporate Finance
His research interests include:
- Financial Markets Anomalies,
- Derivatives and
- Pedagogical Research in Finance
Teaching and Faculty Awards include:
- Best Paper Award in Track: Education Finance, “The Undergraduate College Education in Selected Midwestern States: Schools with the Best and Worst ROI.” 2017
- Excellence in Service Award, IU South Bend, 2015 & 2016
- Excellence in Service Award, IU South Bend, 2004-2010
- Excellence in Research Award, IU South Bend, 2004-2009
- Dissertation of the Year Award - Financial Management Association Award sponsored by American Association of Individual Investors, 1991
- Dissertation of the Year Award - Mississippi State University, 1991