The dean wishes to congratulate you on your previous academic success and welcome you to the Leighton School:
Welcome to the Leighton School!
Dear Prospective Student,
Congratulations on the successful completion of your high school education! In this present time of the Covid-19 pandemic, this is not an insignificant feat and you are truly to be commended for this accomplishment.
As interim dean of the Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics at IU South Bend, I am excited to learn of your interest in joining us. I know that you have many educational opportunities to evaluate, of which the Leighton School is just one. I truly believe, if you consider the following advantages of attending our School, we will be at the top of your list.
The Leighton School of Business and Economics is a business school that offers:
- AACSB International accreditation, an achievement only five percent of business schools worldwide and just two business programs in north-central Indiana have attained.
- affordable tuition for any of our 9 undergraduate degree programs you choose to pursue.
- professors who know your name and care about your success.
- professional academic advisors to help guide you to graduation.
- a small campus environment and plenty of engaging activities.
- coursework that is engaging, relevant, and interactive.
- internships and experiential learning opportunities that put your classroom knowledge, skills, and abilities to work in real businesses.
- small class sizes, allowing you to really get to know your faculty and fellow students.
- multiple scholarships that are available only to business students.
- a director of career planning and networking opportunities with employers that prepare you to be a competent and effective employment seeker with the skills to have a successful and meaningful career in business.
- degrees that carry the prestigious “Indiana University” designation.
If you would like more information about the Leighton School, and how we can help you succeed, please visit our website (business.iusb.edu).
I look forward to meeting with you personally or virtually to discuss your goals and aspirations.
Tracey A. Anderson, Interim Dean
Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics
Mission Statement Synopsis
We prepare students for professional careers, contribute knowledge to our fields, and facilitate Michiana's regional economic growth.
As the Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics:
- We are the business school where learning is transformative for a diverse body of Michiana students supported by faculty and staff delivering high-quality and innovative academic programs.
- We seek to be the preferred and widely-recognized supplier of business graduates for the Michiana region based on the quality and innovativeness of our programs.
- We are producers of a wide range of academic knowledge relevant to practitioners and academics.
- We are the facilitator and primary support provider of economic growth in the Michiana region through meaningful engagement in business development activities.
Interesting facts about the Leighton School you should know about…
Number of Graduates in the Leighton School in Academic Year 2018/19: 166
Percent of Graduates who use LinkedIn Regularly: 71.3%
Percent of Graduates who had at least one internship: 33%
Percent of Graduates who were employed six months after graduation: 83.7%
Number of Students who had Professional Mentorship experiences in 2019: 28
2018-19 Freshman Fall 2018 to Fall 2019 Retention Rate: 64%
Number of students who had experiential learning experiences in 2018: 120
Leighton School Enrollments:
Fall 2016: 1187
Fall 2017: 1094
Fall 2018: 997
Fall 2019: 952
50 Employers and 300 students participated in the 2018 Leighton School Business Career and Internship Fair
The Leighton School’s Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma, the Business Honor’s Society, has been recognized as a “premier chapter” for 19 consecutive years.
The Leighton School had $264,975 dollars available for student scholarships in Fall 2019.
Leighton School Administration
All Faculty Offices are located at:
220 Administration Building
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
South Bend, IN
Administrative Assistant to the Dean
Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs
Associate Dean's Secretary
Associate Dean Graduate Programs and Accreditation
Associate Professor in Decision Sciences
Director of Administrative and Student Services
Director of Career Planning
Student Records Specialist
Asst.Director/Academic Advisor, Graduate Business Programs
Associate Director of Retention