- Student intern will develop an academic plan in conjunction and agreement with an internship mentor from Leighton School faculty that encourages students to reflect on their experience by writing two reflection papers during their internship and other related assignments. Internships in most cases span one semester and should create opportunities for students to incorporate their classroom knowledge in the work setting.
- Using the academic plan as a rubric, the internship mentor will evaluate the student’s performance and submit a final grade for course credit for the internship.
- Leighton School students who have reached junior standing and have completed six credit-hours in their area of concentration are eligible to register for course leading to credit for internship.
- All students must submit their job description for approval to Paul Piller before they can register for BUS X481 Undergraduate Internship or BUSB X581 Graduate Internship to earn course credit for an internship. Students must be enrolled in the respective course concurrently with internship participation; credit cannot be issued for a past experience.
- Human Resource Management majors are required to complete an internship or a field project before graduation. Visit your academic advisor to learn more about this requirement. Click the button below to view the policy:
HR Management Internship Policy