Where do I find an internship?
Narrow your search by identifying your goals for an internship. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of internship am I looking for? (Paid, unpaid, summer, semester-long, credit, non-credit)
- What skills/experience would I most like to develop in my internship?
- What type of work environment best fits my interests and values? (For profit, non-profit, government, large or small organization)
- What qualities do I look for in an ideal supervisor?
- Draft a resume and cover letter.
- Schedule an appointment with Leighton School Director of Career Planning Mike Esposito to review your resume and cover letter.
Finding an internship is much like finding a job; it requires discipline and dedication on the part of the student. Here are some ways to maximize your search:
- IU South Bend Career Services and the Leighton School post internships on IUSBCareers. Log in the same way you log into One IU or Oncourse. Search for an internship, upload your resume and cover letter, and register for Career Services Events.
- Attend the Career and Internship Fairs at IU South Bend Student Activities Center
- Research companies and careers of interest to you
- Follow Leighton School and IU South Bend social media sites for internship announcements
Resources to help business majors find internships can be found at: https://business.iusb.edu/careers/
Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select your major. A list of job and internship boards are available at the end of each majors’ page.
Stipends for Unpaid Internships