Want to learn more about what Accounting is all about? Visit this handy (pardon the pun) guide published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Included in this guide are descriptions of the nature of the work, working conditions, training and advancement options, job outlook, earnings figures and more. Download the guide here or visit the site for more up-to-date version.
Smart Pros: If you are serious about pursuing a degree in accounting you should visit Smart Pros online. It is a leading provider of learning solutions for professional, pre-professional and highly skilled employees.
Salary.com: Did you know what the average starting salary for level I Accountant in the Michiana area was? Find out here.
AreaVibes.com: If you want to calculate the impact of cost of living on take home pay in different cities. This will be helpful when looking for new jobs.
The Uniform CPA Examination: The CPA exam was offered in its new electronic format for the first time last April, to learn more about the exam and the requirements necessary to qualify to sit for the exam visit this site.
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy: Information on CPA licensure requirements by State.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA): Information about careers in certified public accounting and CPA standards and examinations.
Indiana CPA Society (INCPAS) : Information on Indiana's regulations and requirements for CPAs, along with current news in the accounting profession and sponsored events in the state.
AACSB International: Information on accredited accounting programs and business schools, as well as what it means to be accredited and why it's important.
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA): Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA)
- The Institute of Internal Auditors: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA): Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Association of Government Accountants: Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation (ACAT): Accreditied Business Accountant (ABA), Accredited Tax Advisor (ATA), Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP), Elder Care Specialist (ECS)
The Big Four Accounting Firms: